Students will not be invited to take an entrance examination. The decision for admission will be based on the primary school's reference, including recently sat CATs data, and the student’s attitude to learning.
The admission criteria, is as follows:
- Students with a CATs Mean score of 100+ will be considered for entry.
- Achieved 5S (5 Secure Age Related Expectation) or above in Teacher Assessments in English and Mathematics for the end of Year 5.
- Predicted 6S (Age Related Expectation) or above in Teacher Assessments in English and Mathematics for the end of Year 6 A positive school report indicating strong commitment to learning and participation in a broad range of extra-curricular activities.
- Any student with less than 100+ Mean CATs score can opt to sit an Entrance Assessment if they wish to continue with their application.
- Any student who did not sit the recent Year 6 CATs tests will be asked to sit an Entrance Assessment instead.
The final decision will be based on the CATs score plus information contained within the Primary School reference. Places will be allocated according to rank order, considering all the assessment criteria.
- A positive report from the candidate’s present school. (We request student references from the Head of all current schools for all applicants. The information provided to us will include your child’s current and predicted working levels and attitude to study. This will be strictly confidential in accordance with our data protection policy.)
- A satisfactory performance in our English and Maths entrance papers. (If students are in the UK or based abroad, arrangements can be put in place for them to sit the entrance papers at their current school, under exam conditions.)
- A minimum of 100+ mean score in Year 6/9 CATs (if CATs testing has been completed).